Our Executive Team
Alexa von Tobel, CFP®
- Founder and CEO of LearnVest.com
- Vice President — Client Experience, Northwestern Mutual and NM Future Ventures
- New York Times-Bestselling Author of Financially Fearless
- Founding team member of Drop.io (acquired by Facebook)
- Formerly worked at Morgan Stanley’s Proprietary Trading Desk
- Received an A.B. in Psychology Honors at Harvard College
- Harvard Business School
- Member of the 2016 Class of Henry Crown Fellows
- Columnist for Money Magazine
- Hosts a weekly radio show on SiriusXM called Financially Fearless with Alexa von Tobel
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and Series 65 licensed
- Chief Operating Officer, LearnVest
- Former SVP of Innovation at Maddock Douglas, a product innovation agency
- Former Chief Marketing and Product Development Officer at Investools/Thinkorswim, an online education and brokerage company, acquired by TD Ameritrade ($850MM transaction).
- Former Partner at Markitecture, an innovation focused research firm, Vice President of Marketing for Coors/Molson and Director of Marketing in the soup division for the Campbell Soup Company.
- Received MBA from Harvard University, and a BA from the University of Western Ontario.
- Chief Marketing Officer, LearnVest
- Board Member of Churchill Downs Inc (CHDN)
- Former Chief Marketing Officer, Shutterstock (SSTK)
- Former Senior Vice President & General Manager, Digital, Nutrisystem (NTRI)
- Former General Manager, IGOUGO.COM, subsidiary of Travelocity
- Former CMO and Co-Founder, iQuanti
- Vice President of Marketing, American Express Company (AXP)
- Booz & Company (formerly Booz Allen & Hamilton)
- MIT’s Sloan School of Management, 1999
- Received a B.S. in Marketing and Economics from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1996
- Chief Technology Officer, LearnVest
- Prior to joining the team, she was the CTO at Pulsepoint, Inc., an award-winning new media company, with properties including a content marketing platform, RTB/ad exchange, ESP, audience platform, and data analytics.
- Served as the Chief Information Officer/Chief Tchnology Officer at OTC Markets Group, Inc, the largest US electronic trading venues for unlisted OTC equities.
- Built one of the largest US Equity Trading Systems
- Holds B.A. in Journalism from University of Bridgeport, graduated Summa Cum Laude
- Holds Masters with concentration in International Business from Columbia University
- Head of Data and Analytics, LearnVest
- Former Vice President, Head of Global Data Strategy & Insights Delivery, MetLife
- Former Vice President, Chief Data & Analytics Officer, Americas Region, MetLife
- Former Vice President of Professional Services, PlanetSoft
- Former Director, Solutions Architecture, MetLife
- Former President, Aegeanblue Consulting
- Former Senior Architect, Systems Consulting & Integration, Baan
- Received a B.S. in Civil Engineering from North Carolina State University (1994)
- Vice President of People, LearnVest
- Experienced Human Resources leader with 16 years in multiple industries including technology, ecommerce, industrial manufacturing, entertainment and information management services.
- Former Director of Human Resources Business Partner at eBay, Inc. supporting upward of 3000 employees both domestic and internationally across a $28 Billion portfolio
- Led the creation of $7B globally consistent B2C sales and account management model and organization, including consistent segmentation; scaled and enhanced, pre-and post-sales capability/capacity; scaled merchant operations, global compensation plan and introduction of commercial finance to become the partner of choice for brands and merchants
- Former Talent Acquisition Program Manager at Ingersoll Rand
- Former Human Resources Representative at Iron Mountain
- Holds B.A. in Political Science from University of Kansas
- Head of Transformation Office, LearnVest
- Former VP of Integration Management Office for LearnVest and Northwestern Mutual.
- Former head of $200 million strategic projects portfolio at Northwestern Mutual
- Completed six month executive rotation in Northwestern Mutual distribution system (Maryland Network Office)
- Sharpened leadership skills across five different business units, and 20 years, at Fortune 100 company
- Industry speaker: Client-centric innovation, Portfolio and Program Management, Operations Management
- Received MBA from Marquette University, and BA from University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
Stephany Kirkpatrick, CFP®, AIF®
- Vice President of Product and Financial Advice Strategy, LearnVest
- Former Vice President of Operations, LearnVest
- Former Sr. Director of Retirement Planning at Pension Architects
- Industry expert in personal finance as seen in the New York Times, WSJ, Forbes, Money Magazine, Parents, etc
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, an Accredited Investment Fiduciary® and holds her Series 65 FINRA license.
- Received a B.A. in International Management and Spanish from Pepperdine University