It's hard to find the one that's always there, can add the spice of variety to your life and doesn't judge when you binge-watch Veep for the third time. The one you can truly say is marriage material. Indeed, Amazon is pretty special to a lot of people.
Oh sorry; did you think I meant a person? Nah. Amazon, the significant-other of online shopping, wants to help you get married. Handmade at Amazon, which launched in 2015, just introduced a new Wedding Shop that offers handcrafted wedding-related products.
Amazon's Handmade Wedding Shop categories include ...
• Unique Wedding Ideas: shop by theme (rustic, beach, garden) or color palette (blush, navy and coral, greenery)
• Invites and Paper: save-the-dates, wedding party invitations, invitations, bridal shower invitations, ceremony programs, thank you cards
• Handmade Jewelry: wedding and engagement rings, bracelets, necklaces, brooches and pins, earrings, ring boxes
• Bridal and Groom Fashion Accessories: hair accessories, hats and veils, dress belts and sashes, gloves, handbags, garters, ties, cufflinks and tie clips, pocket squares
• Venue and Reception Décor: signs, table décor, cake toppers, candles and holders, artificial flowers, confetti
• Gifts and Momentos: favors, bridesmaid gifts, groomsman gifts, gifts for the couple, guestbooks
• Honeymoon Travel Accessories
• Card and Gift Boxes
Some new filtering features allow you to browse products by artisan location and whether they offer custom orders. You can also search by occasion like Graduation and Halloween, which I don't really get, unless Amazon is saying that these are great Christmas gifts to give for someone planning a wedding? And as with the experience elsewhere on the site, you can also search by price, average customer review, and whether it's Prime-friendly or eligible for free shipping.
In all, the wedding page has a nice selection that covers nearly every finer detail of the planning process — and surely what you can't find on Handmade, you could find elsewhere on the site. With 80,322 products listed so far, it doesn't quite match up to the sheer volume of stuff you can find on Etsy's wedding page, which turns up 1,680,250 wedding-related search results.
Nonetheless, count this as one more site to bookmark, surreptitiously check at work and send to all your engaged friends. Because, trust us, as as fun as it sounds, you won't want to DIY all this stuff on your own.