What comes to mind when you think about the holidays?
Is it snowball fights? Hot chocolate by the fire? Big family dinners? Blowing your budget on gifts?
Hopefully not that last one.
But it's an unfortunate truth that those plane tickets home, that artisanal hot chocolate mix, those colorful wrapped presents and all the other trappings of the season can get expensive. Holiday cheer often comes at a price ... but it should be a price you can afford.
That's why LearnVest will be joining Money Magazine for a Twitter chat about how to manage the holiday cost creep. On Thursday, November 21st at 4 p.m. E.S.T./1 p.m. P.S.T., use the hashtag #HolidayChat to join a conversation about how to enjoy your holidays without dreading the bill. To make sure you don't miss a tip, remember to follow @LearnVest and @MONEY.
Money magazine Executive Editor Diane Harris and Senior Editor Kristen Bellstrom will chat with LearnVest C.E.O. and founder Alexa von Tobel and answer reader questions about how to juggle the demands on your wallet.
Among other things, they'll talk about:
- How best to manage holiday gifting
- Where to shop for the best deals
- How to be generous ... without breaking your budget
- The best time to buy gifts, plane tickets and more
- Insider tricks to find cheap flights
- The correct etiquette on returning unwanted gifts
- How to set expectations for children during the holidays
Have questions? Need advice? Just want to soak in the holiday spirit? Join us on Thursday afternoon, using the hashtag #HolidayChat.