Tax Day is America’s least favorite day. There is a looming deadline, so many numbers it will make your head spin, and form after form requiring painstaking detail. Not to mention how bad the day can get for those who owe the government money.
However there is a bright side to Tax Day. In recent years mid-April has also developed a reputation as a season of giveaways and special deals. Retailers, restaurants and even office supply stores want to help ease the ordeal and provide a little relief.
In fact, Tax Day is probably the most underrated freebie day of the year, and that is definitely a reason to celebrate!
Here is a list of the top Tax Day deals and freebies for 2013:
- Cinnabon wants to sweeten your refund by offering two free Cinnabon Bites at participating locations on April 15.
- Arby’s is rewarding consumers for paying their taxes by offering free curly fries or potato cakes on April 15.
- Don’t know what to do with photocopies of financial records? Office Depot is offering 5 pounds of free document shredding. Offer expires on April 16.
- You’ve filed your taxes, and now you need to de-stress. Go to HydroMassage for a free HydroMassage April 15-19 at participating locations.
- Boston Market has a Tax Day Rib-bate: two rib meals for $10.40 on April 15.
- Sonic restaurants are offering half-price drinks with “Happy Hour All Day” on Tax Day, April 15.
- Stressed out? You need something sweet! Select locations of the Melting Pot are offering a free chocolate fondue per person when a four-course fondue dinner is purchased on April 15 between 4:00 and 10:00 p.m.
- Schlotzsky’s Deli is offering a free original sandwich with 32-ounce drink and chips purchase on April 15.
- Subway is honoring its Tax Day patrons with a BOGO deal on a breakfast sub through April.
Meghan Heffernan is the public relations director for Savings.com, the leading coupon and deal website. Haven’t filed your taxes yet? Visit the Savings.com Tax Season coupons page for deals on tax preparation services and software such as TurboTax, H&R Block and eSmart Tax to help you get your taxes in on time and for the best price.