A $32 slice of cake is nothing.
Well, it's nothing when your bill is $105,000, like the recent bar tab from the Cavalli Club at the Fairmont Hotel in famously luxurious Dubai.
The identity of the payer isn't known, and neither is his or her nationality. What is known, however, is that the tab is from 3:19 a.m. Monday morning and doesn't include dinner—just a dizzying array of expensive drinks, the most expensive of which was a $35,000 bottle of Cristal.
The most notable items purchased, as listed by the Wall Street Journal:
- One 6-liter bottler of Cristal Champagne for $35,000
- Two 2-liter bottles of Cristal for $19,000
- 13 Bottles of Roederer Cristal for $23,000 (or about $1,800 each)
- 24 Diet Cokes at $6 each
- 10 Red Bulls at $7.80 each
- One 3-liter bottle of Cavalli vodka at $1,341
- Four bottles of Chivas for $1,181