Whether or not you consider yourself superstitious, it’s hard to ignore Friday the 13th (especially if you suffer from triskaidekaphobia). Today’s date is closely associated with black cats, broken mirrors, and overall bad luck, but we’d rather channel our energies elsewhere. LearnVesters are keen to the fact that money and success don’t just happen. Still, certain money superstitions would like you to believe otherwise…
Read on our for favorite (and most absurd) money superstitions:
1. Find a penny, pick it up, all day long you’ll have good luck!
2. Peel an onion, burn the skin, play the lotto, sure to win!
3. If your right hand palm is itchy (or a bee lands on it), money is coming to you.
4. Money attracts money—carry around a coin to collect more.
5. Keep a dime in the heel of your shoe to prevent your enemy from putting a “spell” on you.
6. If you count your profits, you will lose them.
7. If you see a shooting star (or a meteor shower will do), say “money” three times for it to come your way.
8. If you place your handbag on the floor, you will never have money.
9. On January 1st, stock up on your green vegetables to ensure prosperity for the year.
Can you think of any others we left out? What’s your favorite money superstition? Leave us a comment!
Follow Elizabeth on Twitter! @NYLiz1