How to Buy the Right Bike for Your Child
Whether you’re in the market for a new bike for your kid now or not, chances are, sometime in the very near future, you will be.
In fact, bicycling is the second most popular outdoor activity in the U.S. (which is probably why the U.S. bicycle industry sold $5.6 billion in bicycles and equipment in 2009), and adolescents who bike are 48% less likely to be overweight as adults.
Want More?Love this story? Sign up for LearnVest’s LV Moms daily newsletter!
We get it—bikes are great. They are also, unfortunately, expensive. Or they can be, if you’re getting a quality one.
To help you figure out how to make your money go further when it comes to purchasing a bike, we turned to the experts:
- Sophia, 10-years-old, is in the market for a new bike for her “in-between” stage.
- Ron Pereira, manager of the Bike Smith bike store in Brooklyn, New York, is going to help her figure out which one is best for her.
Check out the video to find out:
- How to know when your child needs a new bike.
- How to tell if a new bike is the right size.
- How much kids’ bikes cost.
- Where the best place is to purchase a bike.
- Much more!
Then, use Pereira’s advice as a guide the next time you’re in the market for a new bike for your own kid.