- I planned to focus solely on my career in finance for the next five years, then turn my attention to the family thing. I'd be a superstar.
- For three weeks, I kept three different diets: Mediterranean, vegan and “Paleo." Read how they affected my health and my bank balance.
- In partnership with Chase Blueprint, we've decided to hold our very first live event, called ... LearnVest LIVE. And you can win a trip to NYC to attend!
- Enjoy the flavors of summer with this full summer dinner, including hors d'oeuvres, appetizer, main course, side dish and dessert.
- We all get stressed out by different things, but it looks like debt stress in particular could be hurting your health. Find out why and how to fix it.
Favorite Financial Advice To Give:Keep your fixed costs as low as possible to give yourself flexibility in the rest of your life!
Hobbies:Genealogy research, playing with my two young children, reading as much as I can (fiction and non-fiction) and once in a while playing video games.
Fun Fact:I lived in Haiti for 2 years as a child while my father helped build wells all over the country for clean drinking water. I learned how to swim in the Caribbean ocean!
Form ADV Part 2B BROCHURE SUPPLEMENT FOR SUPERVISED PERSONS Rachel Sanborn
Tel. (866) 931-4099 www.learnvest.com LearnVest Planning Services, LLC 113 University Place, 5th floor New York, NY 10003 June 30, 2015This Brochure Supplement (Form ADV Part 2B) provides information about Rachel Sanborn, that supplements LearnVest Planning Services, LLC’s Disclosure Brochure (Form ADV Part 2A) (our “Brochure”). You already should have received a copy of our Brochure. Please contact us at SUPPORT@LEARNVESTPLANNING.COM if you did not receive our Brochure or if you have any questions about the contents of this supplement. Additional information about LearnVest Planning Services, LLC is available on the SEC website at www.adviserinfo.sec.gov.
Educational Background and Business Experience:
Rachel Sanborn, born 1982.Ms. Sanborn currently serves as a Financial Planner for LearnVest Planning Services, LLC (the “Firm”). Since September 2012, Ms. Sanborn has worked as a full-time Financial Planner for the Firm. Since February 2007 to September 2012, Ms. Sanborn was a Financial Planner, Chief Compliance Officer and Research Analyst for Financial Focus Inc.
Ms. Sanborn graduated from Bentley University in 2004 with a B.S. in Finance, summa cum laude, and a concentration in Modern Languages (French and Japanese).
Ms. Sanborn is a Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®).
The CFP designation identifies individuals who have completed the mandatory examination, education, experience and ethics requirements mandated by the CFP Board. Specifically, CFP candidates must have at least three years of qualifying work experience related to financial planning and must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. The CFP course of study and comprehensive examination includes case studies and client scenarios designed to test the ability to identify and address financial planning issues in areas including the general principles of financial planning, insurance planning, risk management, tax planning, employee benefits planning, investment planning, asset management, and retirement and estate planning. Individuals who become certified are required to complete 30 hours of continuing education every two years to maintain general competence and an awareness of relevant developments in the field. Finally, all CFP designees have agreed to adhere to the Standards of Professional Conduct, which require that CFPs provide financial planning services at a fiduciary standard of care. Failure to comply with these requirements may subject a designee to the CFP Board’s disciplinary process.
Ms. Sanborn has not been involved in any legal or disciplinary events material to a client’s or prospective client’s evaluation of Ms. Sanborn.
Other Business Activities:
- Ms. Sanborn is not actively engaged in any investment-related business or occupation, including being registered, or having an application pending to register, as a broker-dealer, registered representative of a broker-dealer, futures commission merchant (“FCM”), commodity pool operator (“CPO”), or commodity trading advisor (“CTA”), nor is she an associated person of an FCM, CPO, or CTA.
Ms. Sanborn is not actively engaged in any business or occupation for compensation not discussed in response to Item 4.(A), above, that provides a substantial source of Ms. Sanborn’s income or involves a substantial amount of Ms. Sanborn’s time.
Ms. Sanborn may receive performance-based compensation from LearnVest based on the conversion of new planning subscriptions. Ms. Sanborn does not receive any economic benefit associated with the sale of financial instruments or client referrals.
Ms. Sanborn’s performance, activities and the advice she provides to clients are supervised by the Vice President of Operations and Financial Advice, Stephany Kirkpatrick. Stephany Kirkpatrick can be reached at (866) 931-4099.
- 7 Fun and Festive July 4th Recipes for the...
- Healthy Summer Recipe: Carrot and Date Qui...
- Can Breakfast Help Fight Diabetes?
- 14 Pesticide-Covered Foods to Avoid
- Use This Treadmill to Walk While You Work
More From the Knowledge Center
Need to Know
Get It Done
- How to Budget Every couple should have one—but few do. Here's how to draft a money mission statement for a sound future together.Read More
- Credit & Loans From states with top FICO scores to credit nuances between the sexes, see how your credit habits compare to the rest of America.Read More