Our Executive Team
Alexa von Tobel, CFP®
- Founder and Chief Executive Officer, LearnVest
- New York Times-Bestselling Author of Financially Fearless
- Founding team member of Drop.io (acquired by Facebook)
- Formerly worked at Morgan Stanley’s Proprietary Trading Desk
- Received an A.B. in Psychology Honors at Harvard College
- Harvard Business School
- She is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and Series 65 licensed.
- Chief Financial Officer, LearnVest
- Former Sr. Product Manager for Global Equities at SEI Investments
- Director of Product Strategy at Finaplex, Inc a wealth management start up in San Francisco (acquired by ADP)
- Founding Partner and Chief Operating Officer for Cabezon Capital Management, a Global Macro hedge fund based in San Francisco
- Received a B.S. from Lehigh University, with a double major in Finance and Marketing
- Chief Operating Officer, LearnVest
- Former SVP of Innovation at Maddock Douglas, a product innovation agency
- Former Chief Marketing and Product Development Officer at Investools/Thinkorswim, an online education and brokerage company, acquired by TD Ameritrade ($850MM transaction).
- Former Partner at Markitecture, an innovation focused research firm, Vice President of Marketing for Coors/Molson and Director of Marketing in the soup division for the Campbell Soup Company.
- Received MBA from Harvard University, and a BA from the University of Western Ontario.
- Chief Technology Officer, LearnVest
- Prior to joining the team, she was the CTO at Pulsepoint, Inc., an award-winning new media company, with properties including a content marketing platform, RTB/ad exchange, ESP, audience platform, and data analytics.
- Served as the Chief Information Officer/Chief Tchnology Officer at OTC Markets Group, Inc, the largest US electronic trading venues for unlisted OTC equities.
- Built one of the largest US Equity Trading Systems
- Holds B.A. in Journalism from University of Bridgeport, graduated Summa Cum Laude
- Holds Masters with concentration in International Business from Columbia University
- Vice President of People, LearnVest
- Experienced Human Resources leader with 14 years in multiple industries including technology, ecommerce, industrial manufacturing, entertainment and information management services.
- Former Director of Human Resources Business Partner at eBay, Inc. supporting upward of 3000 employees both domestic and internationally across a $28 Billion portfolio
- Led the creation of $7B globally consistent B2C sales and account management model and organization, including consistent segmentation; scaled and enhanced, pre-and post-sales capability/capacity; scaled merchant operations, global compensation plan and introduction of commercial finance to become the partner of choice for brands and merchants
- Former Talent Acquisition Program Manager at Ingersoll Rand
- Former Human Resources Representative at Iron Mountain
- Holds B.A. in Political Science from University of Kansas
Stephany Kirkpatrick, CFP®, AIF®
- Vice President of Operations and Financial Advice, LearnVest
- Former Director of Retirement Planning at Pension Architects
- Specialist in retirement planning, debt management, asset allocation and estate planning.
- She is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, an Accredited Investment Fiduciary® and holds her Series 6, 63 and 65 FINRA licenses.
- Received a B.A. in International Management and Spanish from Pepperdine University.