Forget following celebrities on Twitter; we barely have time to eat lunch. We do, however, find ourselves all over social media to get great discounts and pounce on Twitter-only deals! We follow:
1. AmazonMP3 tweets daily deals to over a million followers. We just downloaded about ten songs for free, including tunes from artists like Death Cab’s Ben Gibbard, Taylor Swift, Kings of Convenience, Tegan And Sara and Annie Little.
2. Every Tuesday, JetBlueCheeps, run by JetBlue, tweets about special last-minute flight deals. Many are as low as $69 (Washington Dulles to Fort Lauderdale, which is normally about $100!), and are only available to those in the know.
3. Dell tweets special deals, often available only for Twitter followers. Recently, the $1,286+ Inspiron 546 MT desktop computer went for only $850 to Dell’s Twitter followers.
4. Whole Foods tweets about meal giveaways, special deals, free classes, party-planning tips, and updates about what produce is fresh. In between, however, there are a lot of @ replies. If the amount of those bothers you, find—and follow—your local Whole Foods store on this regional list.
5. Woot, a discount online store that sells one product a day, tweets their daily deal. A recent “woot” included a Gateway 11.6″ Netbook for $280 (normally priced at $400).
6. ShopItToMe tweets great fashion deals. For example, they tipped us off that this beautiful Vince silk halter blouse is on sale for 60% off at Nordstrom, and that this covetable J. Crew silk cami is currently on sale for $69.50 instead of $88.
7. Our best-kept secret: CheapTweet, which aggregates all of the best Twitter deals in one place, based on user votes.
That’s the LearnVest way to save…even when we’re killing time on Twitter. Follow us, too! Because remember, it’s not cool to be broke.